Oh my goodness. I have finally hit my 100th post. It has only taken me forever to achieve this. Now it is going to be interesting to see how long it takes me to actually finish it. Today is May 27th and we will see now how many days or weeks it takes me to post this.
Here it goes my list of 100 things about me. Some of these may be silly or sad and some may be from my past that were not so Glorifying to God. But hopefully we will all see how God can refine and mold the dirtiest piece of clay into something beautiful. Don't get me wrong I am not perfect but he has cleaned me up a lot and I am hoping that He now sees me as beautiful.
1. When I was two I got into my mother's bright red lipstick and drew all over my neck and chest which in turn looked like I had cut myself so Mom and Aunt Debbie totally freaked out.
2. I have one sister who lives in Oceanside, Ca.
3. My husband and I both come from a family of parents who have been married for 38 years. (What a blessing)
4. I accepted the Lord at youth camp when I was 14.
5. My husband Baptized me in September of 2002 right after he was Baptized.
6. I have 3 nephews.
7.I went to all 4 of my high school proms. (9th, 10th,11th,and 12th grade.)
8.I was not very innocent in High school.
9. I grew up in the same house my whole life.
10. My husband and I have moved 4 times in almost 13 years of marriage.(not bad)
11. I have a true best friend that God put in my life almost 12 years ago, and her names is also Susan. Distance will never keep us apart.
12. I lived in the same house my whole life in Hemet, Ca.
13. My Senior year of high school I was put on school probation because I had ditched so much.
14. I got around that and still figured out ways to ditch.
15. When I was little I always told my parents I wanted 12 kids. (We are half way there)
16. I have had 3 babies at home and soon to be four.
17. When my husband and I had been married for five years we almost didn't make it. We went to a Christian counselor for 3 years and recommitted our lives to Christ. (Thank God for his redeeming grace)
18. When Marc and I got married we were big time partiers.
19. After 2 children we were sure we were done. Well we wer wrong we are now on number 7.
20. Footloose was my favorite movie in high school.
21. My first car was a VW Bug.
22. I played the saxophone in band and yes I was a band geek.
23. I had a favorite cat named Foxy who I used to dress up as a baby and push in a stroller.
24. In 5th grade I wore pink to school everyday.
25. When I was 15 I went to my first Bon Jovi concert. ( I was so in love.)
26 My husband and I dated for about 2 weeks and then I dumped him because I thought he was too nice. 7 month later we were married.
27. Two weeks after we got married he went out to sea for 6 months.
28. I served in the Navy for 1 year, 1 month, and 1 week to the day.
29. My parents met my husband before I did.
30.When I was 15 I wanted to live with my cousins in Iowa on their farm. Now I do live in Iowa.( Boy God really does start preparing us at a young age.)
31. When I met my husband I wanted to be a Doctor in Boston.
32. Well I am a Doctor, just without the paper and of course not in Boston.
33. My Junior Prom my parents said they trusted me to make the decision as to when to come home that night. Well we decided to stay out all night. Wrong choice.
34. When I was a senior in high school I was engaged to a young man and he broke it off 2 weeks before graduation.
35.My graduation is a blur to me because of an altered state I chose to be in.
36. I have no tattoos.
37. I did pierce my belly button when I was 29 and took it out 6 weeks later.
38. My two favorite movies are Anne of Green Gables and Gone With the Wind.
39. When I was about 8 my Gram gave me perm and no kidding it turned out like Shirley Temple.
40.My second born is a little me. (Which can be challenging at times)
41. I hate the game Trivial Pursuit.
42. Monopoly is my favorite.
43. My husband and I went on a cruise for our tenth wedding anniversary we hope to do that again for our 15th.
44. I have been to the Gran Canyon, many times.
45. Never been to New York but dream about going their.
46.My children have never been to public school and I hope to make it that way all the way through.
47. Too be able to stay home without working we moved from Arizona to Iowa. (This has been a blessing even though it was a hard transition.)
48. Most of our friends who lived in Phoenix have also moved so this makes it easier knowing I am not missing my old life.
49.Right now I am reading the Bible, Breaking Free by Beth Moore, and Amy Carmichael.
50. The last movie I saw was Horton Hear a Who.
51.My favorite book of the Bible is Ruth.
52. My favorite person in the Bible is Esther.
53.My favorite color I would say is pink, brown, and black.
54. My in-laws live in Phoenix.
55. My parents live in California.
56. I got really depressed about 6 months before I turned 30.
57. My husband and I always said we would never have children in our 30's. (We are going on our 4th child that will have been born in our 30's)
58. We have no pets.
59. E/R has been my favorite show since it began.
60. I wish I knew how to sew.
61. My favorite place to live would be anywhere that stays a constant 70 degrees all year long.
62. Math is ny best subject.
63. When I am looking at houses to buy the first thing I look for is where to put the Christmas Tree.
64. Christmas is my favorite holiday.
65. I had a surprise birthday party for my 29th b-day.
66. I would love to go on a missions trip someday.
67.Casting Crowns is one of my favorite bands.
68. I was 17 and a half before I got my first driver's license.
69. My first job was in a pizza place.
70. My favorite job was at a seafood restaurant in Oceanside, Ca.
71. When I was a kid I loved being at the beach.
72. I still do just no beaches around us.
73. When I was 15 I flew to Florida to visit my friend for Spring Break.
74. When I was 14 I stayed for two weeks with my Aunts in Indiana and was homesick the whole time.
75. I had a crush on my sisters first boyfriend, John.
76. My favorite food is Crab.
77. Cookies are my favorite dessert.
78. I could eat a whole bag of Taco Doritos in one sitting.
79. In High school my best friend was Andrea, and Leanne.
80. I don't talk to either one of them anymore.
81. My favorite name for a girl was Emily and for a boy it was Drew. (This was in High school)
82. When I was little I collected Cabbage Patch dolls.
83. I used to love going to VBS in the summer.
84. I had knee surgery when I was in 9th grade.
85. I had my tonsils out when I was 5 or 6.
86. I got the chicken pox in Kindergarten.
87. I have one baby waiting in Heaven for us.
88. Nursing babies is one of my favorite things to do.
89. This is really getting old.
90.I love to cook new recipes.
91. Fall is my favorite season.
92. The Amish community intrigues me.
93. Tetris was my favorite video game in high school.
94. I used to smoke.
95. My sister and I never got along until we were adults.
96. Jeremy was my first real boyfriend.
97. Mrs. Nord was my first grade teacher and she was my favorite.
98. I had to walk to my first day of kindergarten with my big sister.
99. Jesus is my saviour.
100. When I get to Heaven I hope he looks at me and says ,"Well done good and faithful servant."
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Every time we sit down to eat someone is picked to say the prayer to bless the meal. The little ones like to be picked and are always raising their hand so I will pick them. Well lately the 2 year old thinks she needs to pray at every meal even if someone else has already blesses the meal. We let her do that and she feels proud so what does it really hurt. So tonight at dinner Daddy had said the prayer and we had asked her if she wanted to pray. There was no answer so we all decided to go ahead and start eating. Well about 5 minutes into the meal she has her hands folded and is screaming,"I Pray, I pray." At first I couldn't understand what she was saying and then I figured it out and of course we all stopped and let her pray. This is what she said,"Dear Jesus, gibber, gibber ,gibber, AMEN." I have no clue as to what she said but I am sure he does and that is all that matters. I wonder if when we pray all she hears is gibberish and I wonder what God hears. It really made me think about how I talk to Him and I am going to try to make it more meaningful and not just meaningless done out of duty. Thank you little girl for opening up my eyes to my sometimes gibberish talk.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
O.k. everyone I had a dream last night and I am still in shock. I have had dreams before when I was pregnant about the baby but nothing this graphic. I was above myself in the dream and was able to see the whole delivery. It was amazing and so real. As the head began to crown and then be delivered it was beautiful and the baby looked just like all of my other ones. In my dream I reached down and helped pull the baby out and placed it on my chest. Now this is what really got me It was a BOY. No joke clear as day I was holding a little boy on my chest. I am still in shock as I write this because in my gut I think this is a girl again but now I wonder if God was showing me something last night and we are going to be having our first little boy. We will have to wait and see and either way I will Love whatever God gives us because a child is a blessing no matter whether the package is Pink or Blue. Only a little over four more months and then we will all know who this little bundle of JOY is.