Those who plant in tears will harvest SHOUTS OF JOY. They weep as they plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the HARVEST.



Psalm 126:5-6

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The Flood

In the morning I try to sit down and read the bible to the girls while eating breakfast. Just recently we got finished with the story of Noah and the flood. I explained more in depth since the older ones couldn't believe that there was water that covered the whole earth. we spent a whole morning just talking about how the water was so high it was over the mountains. They thought that was just amazing. Now I know that you are thinking that every kid knows the story of Noah and what is the big deal.
Well you see for the past month we have been getting rain and rain and rain and then some more rain. So the other day we were driving some place and it had just rained and they saw a rainbow. I said there is God's promise to us that he won't ever flood the world again.
My oldest one says "Mom how can God make a promise to not flood the world again and it keeps raining here." So I then explained to her again that he would not wipe out civilization with a flood. She still had a little worried look on her face, but said o.k. I understand. I told her God's promises are true and she doesn't need to worry. O.K God you can stop the rain now anytime.... Well I guess I should be happy she is worried about the rain and not the latest boy who she will like. The innocence of children is so much fun to watch.

No comments: