Those who plant in tears will harvest SHOUTS OF JOY. They weep as they plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the HARVEST.



Psalm 126:5-6

Thursday, June 7, 2007

I have some exciting news for everyone!!!!(No I'm not pregnant.) My little peanut(#4) started school yesterday. This is big because she has been bugging me about this since September when her bog sisters started their new school year. It was a very interesting day to say the least.
At breakfast I told her it was her big day to start her Hooked on Phonics. She thinks that is the funniest name and giggles every time. We talked about how she had to obey and listen to mommy or she would never learn how to read. She said she would obey and really wanted to learn how to read like her big sisters. Then all of a sudden with a very serious look on her face she said to me, "Mommy I don't think I can start school yet." I was thinking to myself she has wanted this for so long and now she is getting scared. I said, "but why honey?" She said with her thumb in her mouth, "I haven't stopped sucking my thumb."
She was right she hadn't stopped sucking her thumb and we had told her that I wouldn't start doing school with her until she had stopped sucking her thumb. Well her and I had a talk about it and she was going to continue to work real hard on getting rid of that bad habit.
Now we were off to start our first lesson in Phonics. I got everything ready and then pushed play on the tape player and it didn't work. If you could have seen the look on my child's face you would have thought her favorite pet had died(and we don't even have pets.) She was devastated. Mommy to the rescue, like always.
I move everything and get it all set up again and hit the play button on the tape player and we had started. Yeah!!!!!! we have officially started school and she is happy as a kid in a candy store.
Oh yeah, let me mention that our classroom yesterday was in the front seat of our fifteen passenger van. It was a sight to see but that was our only working tape player and it also shows how creative homeschooling moms can be.
So that was our first day of school and it was FUN!

1 comment:

Caree said...

Hi susan ,It is Caree... Long time no talk... Well Lisa should be this page and read all your beautiful blogs... I am so glad you all are doing so good and growing so much with the Lord... You are so strong in your faith and that is so wonderful..I sure do miss you guys. Caeley and Pat are both doing good.. caeley still calls the girls her cousins,it is so cute... things here in Texas is good I still love Texas and have some wonderful friends... Well I hope to hear from you soon.. Love and miss you
Caree