Those who plant in tears will harvest SHOUTS OF JOY. They weep as they plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the HARVEST.



Psalm 126:5-6

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Our Trip to the Dentist

Tuesday was our 6 month check up at our local dentist. I know you are probably thinking well that really isn't a big deal. But it is when all 5 of them are being seen in an hour an forty-five minutes. I don't feel sorry for myself, I feel sorry for the dentist. As she sits down with her little sticky note, she begins to tell mom all the news. She apologizes for looking unprofessional but doesn't want to forget anything so she had to take notes as she was looking at each girl.(Believe me I am no high-class lady and I was not offended by her notes.)
So here is the news from the dentist. Only one needs to see the orthodontist in the next six months and only one had cavities( two very little ones.) I can handle that type of news because I know it's not going to cost mommy and daddy an arm and a leg this visit. Last visit one had to have three teeth pulled because of too much crowding. So this really was a good trip. In all of my excitement about all the good news I grabbed all the kids and said all right kids lets go home. The girls were all showing me their new toothbrushes, and we were all excited that no one had duplicating colors. That can be a real disaster. As I am half way to the van I look around and see that I only have five children and not six. I run back in and ask if one of the girls is still getting worked on. Now let me tell you something that is pretty embarrassing because you know they think you have too many kids, and now you can't keep track of all of them. And yes my sweet little seven year old was sitting back in the dentist chair like a good little girl waiting for the hygienist to be finished with her. Next time we visit the dentist I will make sure to do my head count before walking out the door. This way I don't look like a total loser and unfit mother. Other than that little incident the trip to the dentist was not so bad.

No comments: