Those who plant in tears will harvest SHOUTS OF JOY. They weep as they plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the HARVEST.



Psalm 126:5-6

Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Basement

These past two days have been nothing but chaos. My husband and I decided a few months ago to move our children to the basement. Now when I say this I know it sounds morbid to put the kids in the basement, but you have to understand that the basement is one of the nicest rooms in the house. They have their own bathroom and closet and plenty of room to run around.
The first day we started this my husband and I were so excited about how easy it was going to be and then reality hit. I don't know about everyone else but when you haven't moved a bed or dresser for over two years there is some major cleaning that needs to be done. Whoever cleans under or behind their beds on a regular basis I would really like to know because it doesn't get done in this house. After cleaning all the mess we could finally move furniture. That was a chore in itself. We moved our bedroom to the main floor first and then started moving kids beds down to the basement. After moving two bunk beds and two twin beds we still had three dressers to move down and a whole master bedroom to move up. Plus a big couch and T.V. that we were moving up stairs to make a T.V. / reading room. By the time we were done moving all the furniture I was exhausted and we still had clothes, toys, and bathrooms to move. O.K. you are probably thinking to yourself that really isn't a big deal. Well let me add what happened during all of this Mommy had to try to keep the little ones out of the way and our two movers that helped Daddy were a 10 year old girl and my dad who is 62 we really couldn't be in a hurry. Don't get me wrong I am grateful for their help but you did have to move a little slower. Then you add lunch to the day and clean up from that it took all day just to get furniture moved.
The next day we started on all the little stuff, that was worse than the day before. We have to much JUNK. I threw out at least 7 bags of JUNK that we haven't used since we moved here. And you will never believe this one, today we still have to move the bathrooms. A one day project (I thought) has now turned into a three day project. Isn't that how it always seems to happen.
Well at least the kids are happy and Mom And Dad are happy too. I do know that from now on big projects will only get done when the kids are someplace else.

No comments: