Those who plant in tears will harvest SHOUTS OF JOY. They weep as they plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the HARVEST.



Psalm 126:5-6

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I Will Rest In Him

Wow it has been a really long time since I blogged. I have been trying to figure out where God wants me right now. I know that he wants me to be raising my children and loving them and training them up in the way that they should go. I understand all of that but there are other areas of my life that I am trying to be still and listen to what He is calling me to. It is as simple as learning to be quiet and just draw closer to Him. I don't think He is calling me to anything of real significance just calling me. I feel like He is saying," Susan I am right here let me carry you as you walk through the daily trials of life, let me be your friend, your confidant your first Love again.

I have struggled with this baby and breastfeeding. It seems like at least once a month I have a clogged milk duct and it wants to turn into an infection but I get my rest and it goes away. Well today I was doing some research and I found these are mostly caused from lack of rest and stress. As I have had time to think about this I am reminded of what I am working on with my girls right now. we are working on counting everything Joy, James 1:2. So I sat down at my desk today to look at e-mails and saw my big whiteboard that says "Count it all Joy." I had one of those moments where you say," I get it." I will have joy through this and I will learn to rest in the Lord, and let Him carry my burden. I know it seems basic but it is so real He will carry my burdens and I will rest in Him. Through this my stress is taken care of and so is my weariness. He really does provide for all of our needs.

4 comments:

Tanya Ross said...

I am so excited when I see my friends go through revelations. I hope that you just sit back and trust Him. It is amazing and the joy does just fill your heart. God bless you and rest. Love Tanya

Nana C said...

Dearest daughter, this was a most beautiful writing from your heart. My heart is blessed to know that you trust God with ease of character and the simple is so much more doable. (New word) Love mMom

Toni said...

This is such a lovely post, Susan. Your words reflect true rest in Him. We all need that redirection. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
~Toni~

Tona said...

Oh the trials from the Lord. It is so wonderful to see how you have grown!! I think I will try the "Count it all Joy" on the white board too. It would be a great reminder.
Tona