Those who plant in tears will harvest SHOUTS OF JOY. They weep as they plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the HARVEST.



Psalm 126:5-6

Thursday, August 13, 2009

End of Summer

I can't believe how long it has been since I last posted. I try to keep my children busy at home and with each other and not a mom who is always running from here to there. Well these last two weeks I have been the mom that is running all the time. I really am only doing one activity but with three children involved it seems to take up a big part of my day. This activity that we are doing is swim lessons which all of my children are enjoying because this means they get to be at the pool everyday. We have two days left and I am burnt out. I am also trying to get all of my schooling figured out for this year. I am doing a new History this year called Truth Quest History. I love it and am really enjoying doing the research on what books the kids will be reading. So far I have all my books for early exploration through Columbus this I will be doing with the younger children. The older children will be studying Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome. I have only gotten through the life of the Ancient Egyptians and mummies and pyramids so far. This is very interesting material that the girls will be studying this year. We are all really excited. The main focus the girls will be looking for is "Who is God? " and "Who, then, is mankind?" They will then look at the Egyptians life style and belief and try to figure out how the Egyptians would have answered these two main questions. This will help them as they study History how different civilizations viewed these two important questions in life. I think it will be a pretty interesting and thought provoking school year for all of us.

1 comment:

Nana C said...

I always, (well most of the time) enjoyed those new beginnings, both with you and your sister. Also, with the start of work again. Learning never stops. Love mom