Those who plant in tears will harvest SHOUTS OF JOY. They weep as they plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the HARVEST.



Psalm 126:5-6

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Phil. 4:13

Lately I have been kind of negative and complaining a lot about everything. Last night while I was laying in bed and couldn't sleep my mind started to wander and think about silly things. I began thinking about labor and delivery and started to have that fear rise up inside of me which I know is wrong. Then I began to pray and I immediately began to feel peace. I know you probably think it is silly for me to be worrying about the birth already but when you lay in bed at night your mind can play lots of tricks on you. As I was praying I was reminded of the verse that I said last time, as I was pushing.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Very basic but very powerful. We can do all things through Christ. This is so basic but when we have an understanding of this simple verse it can set us free to do many things that we thought we never could do. I read my friend Tanya's blog today and she had quoted this same verse so I felt like God was trying to keep my eyes focused on him. I am going to get through this first trimester and no more complaining. The only change I am going to make is that I am going to get through it on Christ's strength and not my own.

6 comments:

Tanya said...

Susan, I have no idea why I put that verse on my blog. I was typing out all those "I Am's" and I felt lead to type it out. I can tell you this, that has been my personnal verse for the last six months. It is so powerful and it just gives me peace. I am so glad that it touched someone. Do not fear for you have the Lord and He gave you this gift of a child. He will not let anything happen to one of His future soldiers. You have a protection on you. God bless you and take care. Love Tanya

MrsProverbs31 said...

Hi Susan! Congratulations on the news. Wow! So is this number 7? That's great. Hey, stop by my blog I have something for you at the end of today's blog.

Heather said...

This is such a great verse. It is Samantha's life verse. God does not promise anything will be easy, but He absolutely promise's to give you the strength to get through it. Oh....I feel a song comin' on....

Rebecca St. James: In me, there is strength to move a mountain. In me, there is faith to walk on water. In me, if I just believe, the Way and the Truth and the Life...is in me. Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Good song!!!

Love ya!!!

Unknown said...

That is so neat. I sometimes forget to cling to God's word too. May that verse give you peace during this trimester.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are finding refuge under His wing! YOU can do all things through HIM!!! By the way...Can I hold you accountable to this goal?

Becky said...

That's a great verse! One of the ones I liked too (when prego) is the one that says
'He gently leads those who are with young.' : )

May spring come quickly where you are.
Blessings!