Those who plant in tears will harvest SHOUTS OF JOY. They weep as they plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the HARVEST.



Psalm 126:5-6

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Our First Day

Yesterday was our first day with just the four little ones and we had a really great time. The beginning of the day we did absolutely nothing. Mommy took a nap on the couch with the two year old and the other two watched PBS. Then we got up from nap had a snack and then went to the park. It was a beautiful day and we could have stayed there all night but I figured we needed to eat dinner at some time. I took them to McDonalds and actually bought them Happy Meals. This is a huge treat for them because we always buy off of the dollar menu. So they all thought that they were pretty cool. Then I got them ready for bed and let them watch a movie.

Mommy actually got to talk to a dear friend who I haven't talked to in a long time. It was very encouraging to hear how positive this woman is. When I first met her she never talked like this. I marvel at how she sees the good in everything. God has shown me this lately with different people that have come across my path and I believe he is telling me to trust him in everything and look at things with an optimistic glasses not pessimistic ones.

One more little note to add to this blog is that my son fior the past three days has decided that he needs to get up at 4:00 a.m. and stay up. I am tired but also getting to spend some fun time with him during the early morning hours.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

I love days where you can just enjoy your kids and relax. I am so glad that you had a wonderful talk with your friend and that she is so positive. Talk to ya later. Love Tanya

Toni said...

Oh, my third child did that. She would get up around 3am and "play" for several hours. I would take her downstairs, turn the tv on and just cuddle with her and make the very best of those precious wee hours together. Your R&R sounded wonderful.
Blessings,
~Toni~

Becky said...

Hope it was restful and fun! : )