Those who plant in tears will harvest SHOUTS OF JOY. They weep as they plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the HARVEST.



Psalm 126:5-6

Friday, April 4, 2008

A Broken Man

My husband came home the other night at about 10:30p.m. and I looked at him and all I saw was a broken man. I could tell the minute he walked in the door that something was wrong. He shared with me that he is tired of working like a crazy man and never getting to see his kids. Let me take you back to a change that happened in our life a little over a year ago. He has been a truck driver for a little over ten years and we have always been blessed with him only being gone for one night at a time. Well about a year ago he was offered position in management. We thought this would be great for our family because he would be home every night. We knew it was going to be a significant pay cut but we knew that God would provide and that we would just cut back. Well it has now been a year and Daddy seems to never be home.

So this week I realized as he sat on the couch and shared all of hurts that have come with this job all I could do was listen and love him. There had been many nights when I was mad because he wasn't home and on those nights I should have been in prayer lifting up my husband instead of bringing him down. I realized this night that he is a man who loves God with all his heart and wants what is best for his family. We don't know where we are going from here. We are praying about what God wants us to do and we know that he will make the path very clear to us. I guess the reason why I right this is just a reminder to all of us that our husbands go out everyday into a very hostile world. I believe that God told me the other night that we need to be praying every day for our husbands. I know I was not doing that but I have begun and I will not stop.
Have a great weekend and remember let's lift up our husbands this week as they go out into the world to provide for our families.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Susan, this is a great post. I especially needed that reminder this week as my husband is in Las Vegas for 7 days on a business trip and instead of praying for him, I've been jealous of him, going to spend a week in a nice hotel in a warm, sunny place, eating out every meal on the company dime, while I'm here in gloomy, cold Indiana taking care of the kids and eating PB&J. But it's wrong for me to focus on that. Thanks again for the reminder that we should cover our children in prayer.

Unknown said...

I meant to say cover our husbands with prayer!

Darla said...

Thanks for stopping at my blog! This is a very good reminder to pray for our hubs, we really are supposed to be doing...so human we are! I am sure God will provide a way that is best for your family..just said a prayer for you!

Becky said...

That is a great reminder and I need to do that more. Thanks so much!

Tanya said...

You are so right Susan, I see my husband feel the same way. He wants to be with the kids so much more. This is such a wonderful reminder to be in prayer for our husband. You are so right. Amen, sister, Love Tanya

Anonymous said...

Amen and AMEN! An old[er] Godly lady shared with me her way of praying. She has a box that she has all her prayers in (because she prays for ANYONE and EVERYONE). Every day she takes out her box and her annointing oil - annointing the box (DAILY) any prays over each and every slip of [hand-written] prayers in this box. She also told me that EVERY day, without fail, she would pray for her husband (when he was alive). She told me that is why they had such a Blessed life and such a great marriage. Great reminder friend! Thanks!

Nana C said...

This post was so uplifting, you all have husbands who need prayer, I remember mine before retirement, he had very long days and many weekend and holidays too. I was fortunate that he did come home each night though. I will pray each day for your husbands and your families. Love Nana C