Those who plant in tears will harvest SHOUTS OF JOY. They weep as they plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the HARVEST.



Psalm 126:5-6

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

"I'm Right Here Momma"

Yesterday I was sitting in the bath thinking to myself, I really haven't felt this baby move yet. I know everything is O.K. I am just getting excited about this child growing inside of me. I do a lot of my praying in the bath because it seems to be the only time I have to myself. So yesterday as I was praying I asked God to let me feel the baby move. I thought to myself after I had prayed this I know the baby has to be a certain size and maybe it is just not big enough yet. So I went on with my day and didn't really think about this again.

So last night I had put all the children to bed and was laying on the couch watching T.V., and guess what? I felt it. It was not just a little flutter or anything it was distinctive movement and it
went on for about 5 minutes. I had a mixture of emotions flood through me at that instant. Happiness and excitement for this new little life, a little sadness remembering that I never got to feel baby Charlie kick and move around, and very thankful that I have a Heavenly Father who really cares about me and knows what I need when I need it. I felt like last night God was saying to me, "Susan I am always here and nothing is too little for you to ask me, just come and sit at my feet and I will listen."

So since last night my newest little bundle has been letting me know, " Momma I'm right here growing big and strong." I guess we have passed another milestone and what a glorious one this was.

11 comments:

Heather said...

God is GOOD! How exciting for you. Too bad Marc wasn't home to enjoy it with you, but kind of nice you got to 'hog' the baby:)

Love ya!!!

Unknown said...

I remember praying that prayer MANY times while carrying Ladybug. I was so anxious for that confirmation that she was growing and doing well.

Becky said...

Praise the Lord. He is faithful!
I loved that part of being pregnant.

Tanya said...

I am so glad for that little taste of God. He is so awesome. And when we think that it is too small for God, He so shows us something different. God bless you and little one. Love Tanya

Unknown said...

that is so wonderful to hear how God answers the littlest prayers sometimes...who else knows better how to encourage us and what we need?

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you and 'baby doe' are getting to know one another. What an awesome feeling! I can't wait to feel it again!

Steph said...

Congratulations! I love feeling those first little movements! It's the best! Glad she is alive and kickin'!

Mishka said...

Dear susan.. THank you for your comment on my blog. This is just wonderful... im so glad for your girls. they have a wonderful mother. I hope your baby grows as healthy as he can be. Oh this is just great!! i feel so elated for you

Kara Akins said...

I have a momma ache now. I remember the feelings of feeling the babies move for the first time. What a precious, precious moment. God IS so GOOD! Thanks for sharing b/c it makes me soooo happy to think about it.

Heather said...

OK Sister....it's been a week without a new blog! I know Nana is there and you are busy, but NANA is finding time to blog so you have NO excuse! :)

See you soon!

Kara Akins said...

Checking on you again. How is the baby? I'll check back in soon!
Much love,
Kara