Those who plant in tears will harvest SHOUTS OF JOY. They weep as they plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the HARVEST.



Psalm 126:5-6

Monday, October 19, 2009

A Change

The past two and a half year have been a roller coaster for us with my husbands job. I have not been a very encouraging wife and the Lord has shown me that in the past week. His schedule is not a typical 9 to 5 which can be difficult if the family doesn't try to accommodate him. I have fought his schedule and have made these last couple of years not the easiest. Last week I started thinking maybe I need to adjust our schedule to work better with daddy's schedule. I didn't know if it would work but I thought I could at least give it a try. Then at church yesterday I sought counsel from an older lady in the church who I have talked with about many issues. She is a Godly woman and loves to minister to us younger women. I shared with her my husbands schedule and the first thing she said was, " Why don't you move your schedule back so you can all have dinner as a family." I thought how hard is it that I have to fight my hubby instead of working with him and encouraging him. She also said," It is our job to help and encourage our husbands and if that means changing our old habit then we do it." Life can be so simple and peaceful if we just listen to our Mighty Lord. I really believe this weekend was conformation of what I need to do in our house. So today we begin our first day of moving everything back about an hour and a half. I know the Lord will bless our family during this transition. Please pray for us as it will be a change for all of us. I was starting my day at 6:30 a.m. and now we are starting at 8:00 a.m. The children will be staying up later and we will be having dinner later. No one said, " we have to have a typical schedule." And is there such a thing?

6 comments:

Debbie said...

I went through that change a few years ago when Scott entered Bible college...nothing was the same. He was in school from 7 to noon and then went straight to work. Usually he wasn't home until after 7 or 8 in the evening.

Eating together as a family is so important. And to adjust your schedule so that you can is very beneficial. We have our big meal at lunch time and a light meal/snack in the evening. This was a necessary "field" adjustment. Hard to do at first but is very easy now.

Susan said...

Debbie-thanks for the encouragement. I know it will be worth it in the end.

Nana C said...

Susan, we never know where God will have those angels appear, and your kind friend opened up her heart to you.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. And how blessed you and your children are to have a wonderful husband and father.
love nana c

Anonymous said...

So glad you found that counsel ~ and it will bless your hubby so much too! To know that he means that much to all of you will make a difference in his day - as well as yours! Well done good and faithful servant!

Tanya Ross said...

I know that all will work out for you and I am praying for you. I am glad that you are opened for the changes that you may have to do. God bless you and I know all will be well.

Tona said...

Praise the Lord! He will bless you and you children because of your willingness to obey Him. I understand that this may be a bit of a challenge in the begining but the rewards are far better than we can every imgine! What an example you are setting for your children.