Those who plant in tears will harvest SHOUTS OF JOY. They weep as they plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the HARVEST.



Psalm 126:5-6

Monday, October 12, 2009

A Typical Monday

Today was most definitely a typical Monday. I don't know what it is about Mondays in this house but it is by far our worst day of the week. It does not matter what I do we can not stay on schedule. The chores seem to always be the last thing getting done, right at the same time that I am trying to get dinner done. School gets done but at a snail's pace. Mommy seems to always be grouchy and has a hard time displaying any fruits of the Spirit. I can say that on Mondays my kids learn a lot about repentance, because I think I am repenting every five minutes for my quick tongue that doesn't know how to say anything nice. So I have decided next week we will get up and give Monday a new name. I haven't decided what to call it but it will not be called Monday.

8 comments:

l.ann said...

You are SO funny! You'll have to be sure to tell us what you've [single-handedly] decided to change "Monday" to :o)

I enjoy going to co-op on Monday because it's a good ease into the week! Works for us I suppose!

Blessings!

Susan said...

Lori, I am taking ideas for a new name so if you have any please feel free to let me know.

Tona said...

This reminds me of my Sundays. I think it is a spiritual attack! I can't wait to see what name you decide on.

Miss ya

Anonymous said...

You could call it "Bun-day" and make a tradition of eating cinnamon buns to start the week. Or - "Fun-day," where each person needs to decide one fun thing to do during the week. Or - "None-day" where you don't do anything you're supposed to do and just take the day off. Or - "Pun-day" where you all try to make up stupid jokes to get through the day. Or - "Run-day" where you all need to talk like Scooby-Doo for 5 minutes each sometime during the day. Or - "One-day" where each person describes one goal in life that they'd like to accomplish one day.

Love you - wish we could be there to witness if you tried any of these ideas.

-Kristen

Susan said...

Kristen I love your ideas for names. I will let you know what we decide.

Debbie said...

We call it Lunes here. ;-)

Susan said...

O.k. Debbie we might have to try that.

Nana C said...

ok. "The day after Sunday" Good morning it is the day after Sunday!!!!! kinda dumb huh? nana C