Those who plant in tears will harvest SHOUTS OF JOY. They weep as they plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the HARVEST.



Psalm 126:5-6

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Boys

Having a little boy in the house has really changed the dynamics in our home. I really didn't know what it would be like raising a boy with 6 big sisters. I wondered at times if he would be a little feminine or just different. Well I was wrong about that. Levi is 150% boy. He is non stop, loves to be dirty, pretends he is a soldier, likes to play guns, LOVES to be dirty, loves to climb and wrestle, and is always making noises. My husband tells me quiet frequently that Levi is more of a boy than he ever was. I am learning that even when we can't see things through our eyes the Lord always knows best. I really was concerned for a little boy in a houseful of girls but the Lord has taken care of all the details.

I am learning everyday just how different boys and girls really are. Just yesterday we found Levi on top of our 15 passenger van. He was outside playing with his big sisters when one of them came running in to tell us that Levi was on top of the van. We know for sure the girls helped him somehow but I know the girls at 2 years old would never have done that because they would have been too scared. Then last night right before dinner we found him covered front to back in Mentholatum, and was just happy as a kid in a candy store. He couldn't figure out why we were so upset when mommy puts that on him at night before he goes to bed. He looked at us like this is what mommy does.

Wow I can only imagine the dynamics in our home in a couple of years. Never would have thought I would ever have a son and now another one on the way.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Boys are so much fun! I just happen to have 7 of them! I know your little guy will sure love having a baby brother!

Many Blessings,
Karen

Anonymous said...

They are who they are, aren't they? I still marvel at how different Henry is than Hannah - all the things you described about your little man. Rough and tumble, and not afraid of anything. He definitely takes way more risks with his physical being than Hannah ever has. And he climbs like nobody's business - no surface is too high or intimidating for him, even at 14 months.

Tona said...

It is AWESOME! They will always keep you on your toes. Just remember when it gets quiet you better go RUN and see what they are getting into.

~tmc~ said...

Congratulations on your baby boy on the way. Boys are a lot of fun!

Gottjoy! said...

A boy! Oh, how exciting...another boy! I love boys with all their noises and play! My two boys and I have such a special closeness...I think Mommy and boys usually do.
Have a great day and congrats on your wee miracle baby boy=)!