Those who plant in tears will harvest SHOUTS OF JOY. They weep as they plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the HARVEST.



Psalm 126:5-6

Thursday, January 24, 2008

My Water Broke

Tonight I laid in bed and was doing some reading while the girls were playing in the other bedrooms. I decided to put my book down and listen to them playing. I love to do this because it is a reflection of what they have seen at home or school or church, etc..

So this is the scenario that was taking place.

3 year old: I am pregnant and having twins this time.

5 year old: O.K. but when your water breaks I have to take you to the hospital.

3 year old: No you don't I will just lay down here.

5 year old: Well hurry up and have your water break.

3 year old: My water broke and the babies just fell out.

O.k. don't we wish it was that simple. I was laughing to myself as they were playing this because the funny thing is they did this many times but each time they would switch places. So I guess they must think that Mommy is always pregnant and having babies.

This was a moment that I sat back and "counted it all JOY."

Thank you Lord for such beautiful little spirits who already have the calling to be a Mommy the best job any Woman could hope or pray for.

11 comments:

Kellan said...

What a sweet precious moment. I do this too - when my niece and little daughter play in her room and I am in my room next door, I often stop what I am doing just to listen to their voices - hear what they have to say to each other. It's amazing how much they have to say. Sweet post - thanks. See you later. Kellan

ThankfulMommy said...

I've just found your page and haven't really been able to look around much, but this cracked me up! It makes me think of a little girl at our church. She kept putting a baby doll behind her back, dropping it, and making it look like she was giving birth right there in the aisle. LOL.

Lisa Russell said...

My 2 year old always has a baby doll up her shirt to nurse, too. I even made her a little baby sling carrier, so she could stop using my scarves. I have 6 girls, too. Aren't they fun? Mine are 14, 11, 7, 4, 2 and 8 weeks. So nice to meet you.

girlymom said...

Ok, you left a comment on my blog about having 6 girls, then I come over here and read the first line of this post and think- WOW- she is amazing, pregnant with twins and her water broke...and she's BLOGGING!! So I got it all figured out now. Isn't it fun to hear what the thing they say when they don't know you are listening!!

Thanks for visiting me!!

Unknown said...

haha. That is so awesome! I love the things kids say!

ThankfulMommy said...

Thanks for the comment you left me(which I deleted, because of the one part). :) Drop back by any time! I'll be checking in on your page too.

dlyn said...

That is beyond precious! One of my favorite photos from when our older daughter and her cousin were little is one where they are "feeding" their stuffed animals. It's a hoot, especially since the cousin is male! have a great day :)

Nana C said...

Well, they have taken their outdoor play inside, I know they would take their babies to the park, or pretend they were in labor. I remember one was walking around praying, praising God for all of his blessings. Wonderful that they have a good foundation from you, the best Mom and Dad God could give them. Nana C

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

So very sweet. I love listening to the kids play, although I sometimes learn the most interesting things.
It is wonderful that your girls know the joy of your life as their mother and want to be like you.

Tanya said...

Oh how wonderful. In this world some kids are so hooked up to the tv or the adult conversations that they hear. It is so refreshing to hear little girls talk about being mothers.

Becky said...

That is too cute!!! I wish my four had just fallen out. : )
ha ha