Those who plant in tears will harvest SHOUTS OF JOY. They weep as they plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the HARVEST.



Psalm 126:5-6

Friday, January 25, 2008

Reasoning With A 20 Month Old

Everyday in our house when it is quiet time the two older girls fight over who gets to put the baby to bed. I don't know why they think this is such a treat because all they are doing is walking up the stairs and laying her in her bed. Today it was the 11 year olds turn and the baby knows she can get her way with that one. About five minutes after she went upstairs with her she came down the stairs and was holding the baby. I gave her that look like you know better.


The 11 year old said, " Mom I will lay her down after we get done reading our Bible for the day."
I said, "O.k. but I am going upstairs and I want her to lay down when you guys are done with your Bible."


About 10 minutes later I hear the baby down stairs talking an playing.
I called the older one up and told her, "You just need to lay her down and if she cries that is fine because she will fall asleep."


The 11 year old stand in my door way and says, " But mom I was just trying to be reasonable with her."


I stopped her right there and said, "Honey you can't reason with a 20 month old."


She is my softy with the babies and it will be interesting to see what type of a mother she is going to be. I know whatever parenting style she chooses she is going to love them unconditionally.

3 comments:

Nana C said...

I am still chuckling while writing this. I can see that look on her face now. Reason as a verb, to think things out. Nana C

MrsProverbs31 said...

I don't know, Susan. I get soft with mine,too. Some babies are more manipulative than others. Mine knows how to get me to say yes even when I don't want to.

Thanks for sharing John 14:14 with me. It is a great verse, often forgotten, though. Often we don't claim the power and blessings God has instilled within us.

Thanks again, Shoua

girlymom said...

That is so sweet that they wanted to read the bible first- not the comics, not brush teeth, not go potty 4th time, but read the bible, how can you say no to that! How sweet!