Those who plant in tears will harvest SHOUTS OF JOY. They weep as they plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the HARVEST.



Psalm 126:5-6

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A Door of Hope

Well Happy New Year everyone.

New Year's eve for us was absolutely awesome. We drove 2 hours to an awesome church that we just love. Another family went with us so our 15 passenger van was filled to the brim. Praise God for all of those beautiful little blessings.


Well As everyone knows lately I have really been focused on Hope and how important is in our Faith. Now I have wondered if it was just because we have had a trying year or if God was really telling me to focus on Hope. Well it was God. He really has been talking to me!


As we walked into church Monday night their was a huge red door on the front of the stage. I didn't really pay attention to it until I heard people talking about how it looked like the wardrobe door from Narnia. Then I began to scan the stage and say the word Door of Hope. Still it didn't mean anything to me.


Well as the pastor began to talk he mentioned how he felt like this had been a rough year and God had told him to have this service be about Hope. Thank You God for your confirmation. As he was preaching I felt like he knew everything that I had been through and all of my feelings and thoughts. I just kept on saying to myself this is true God is speaking. Sometimes I think I am just a mom and nothing special or remarkable ever happens in my life. But this night God let me know loud and clear that I have been listening and truly hearing his voice. About 5 hours before this service I blogged about Hope. I don't know why it just had been heavy on my heart.

At the end of the service when the clock struck midnight he opened up those huge red doors and had us all physically walk through those Doors of Hope. I know it sounds crazy but it was an extremely emotional walk down that aisle and walking through those doors I left all of 2007 behind me and walked into a new year of Hope. This was the most awesome experience to see every person in that church experience that feeling of Hope as you came out the other side.

I encourage you all to find a door and walk through your own physical door of Hope, the action of doing this will be more profound than you think.
Hope all of you have a blessed 2008 and have Hope in God.

7 comments:

Kellan said...

This was a lovely memory and a lovely post. I "hope" you have a marvelous New Year and I will see you soon. Kellan

Kellan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tanya said...

How awesome that is. I am so glad that you had a wonderful and refreshed New Years eve. You are such a special friend and I wish all the best for you and your family. Happy New Years and I will see you tomorrow night.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you came by the revelation of how special YOU are. It takes a strong woman to be the mother of a full (growing) quiver. Wish we could have walked through those doors with you, but I think we are walking through our own doors. They too are doors of a Hopeful 2008!

Heather said...

Sounds like an awesome service. I will definitely find my own 'Door of Hope' to walk through.

Let's carpool to G4G tomorrow night. I can pick you and Em up, if you would like?

See you at the Caucuses tonight!!!!

Nana C said...

Just reread your post on hope, yes I will walk through the door, we can all experience God in a way only he can give to us. Thank you, you are blessed and loved. Nana C

Heather said...

Susan, What a beautiful experience - walking through the doors of Hope led on by a Faithful Guide.

Your words on my blog touched me today, to know someone else shares my struggles and the blessing of His overwhelming love and forgiveness. May you sense it today!