Those who plant in tears will harvest SHOUTS OF JOY. They weep as they plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the HARVEST.



Psalm 126:5-6

Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday Mornings

We started something new a few Fridays ago and the kids love it. My 4 year old loves pancakes and I feel like I never make them. So a couple of Fridays ago I asked my oldest daughter if she wanted to learn how to make the homemade wheat pancakes. She was hesitant at first but once I told her how you do it she got started. I didn't even help her and they turned out magnificent. Since then we have been doing this every Friday and they kids love it. Right now she is getting ready to put them on the griddle and all the kids are waiting patiently for their yummy pancakes. Sometimes I just can't believe how blessed I am to have these children who really do love to do things to make their siblings happy. My days in the kitchen seem to be getting shorter and shorter.

4 comments:

Ali said...

Tell Emily that she'll have to make the pancakes the next time we visit y'all :)

Congrats on the little blessing!

Love y'all bunches!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Gottjoy! said...

What a blessing she is to you and your family! And how wise to teach her this life skill early!
Have a great weekend, Susan!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! I'm also enjoying the blessings of kids who are increasingly in the kitchen. They love to make pancakes too. :-)

Nana C said...

Tell Emily that we are ready for those pancakes! love nana C