Those who plant in tears will harvest SHOUTS OF JOY. They weep as they plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the HARVEST.



Psalm 126:5-6

Monday, August 16, 2010

Just Rambling

I finally did it. Did what you ask? I got this year's curriculum ordered. I know it shouldn't be such an ordeal but every year I dread it. Once I get it done I am so relieved and ready to start the new year. This year I will officially be schooling 5 children, 1st through 8th grade. Amazing how the more children I school the easier it gets. Next year I will officially have a child in high school. Where has time gone I will never forget her first year using Bob Jones and wondering what have I gotten myself into. Now I couldn't think of doing it any other way. Kind of exciting to think that my children have been with me since day one and I have enjoyed it. Kind of funny in today's society to hear a parent say they love having their children under their feet all day everyday. The Lord really can do change the heart of his people. When I was pregnant with my 3rd child I wanted to get a nanny and go back to school full time. Now look at me pregnant with number 8, homeschooling 5 children and open to the Lord blessing us as he sees fit. Thank you Lord for opening my eyes to your wonderful gifts. Have a great school year everyone.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I just ordered my curriculum last week. I still have my math to oreder though, I guess I better get with it!

Isn't neat how God changes us along the way? I wanted 2 children and a career! After having my first baby I could not handle puting him in the care of someone else!

Thanks for your prayers, they are so much appreciated!

Blessings,
Karen

Ali said...

I'm so happy for you! Hope y'all have a good school year :)

Gottjoy! said...

I was a schoolteacher before having kids and couldn't wait to go back after my first child was born. God had other plans, though:). I can't imagine my life any other way and God fulfilled my desire to teach a classroom by opening the door to teach Chemistry in our co-op (and other science classes for the last five years).
Have a great week, Susan=)!