Those who plant in tears will harvest SHOUTS OF JOY. They weep as they plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the HARVEST.



Psalm 126:5-6

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Bearing Fruit

Today was our final day of Christmas shopping. I had to go to quit a few different stores and knew it was going to be a long day. As we were driving into Omaha I just kept telling myself to be patient and remember they are kids and they are not going to be perfect.

I don't know what happened today but they all obeyed. Not just one or two but all six of them were obedient. Four different stores and one hour in the car each way, now that is a miracle.

Our final stop is every one's favorite store Zooper Wal-Mart. (Just joking.) We have nicknamed this particular store as you can see Zooper Wal-mart. It is always a madhouse and by the time we are finished I always want to pull my hair out. But not today. We had a great time shopping for Daddy and buying all the ingredients for our Christmas dinner. It was a moment to stop and Thank God for how blessed I am.

As we were checking out the cashier was a young lady who looked to be about 18-20 years old. My 7 year old pulled the empty cart around and started loading up the groceries while the older girls helped the little ones put on their jackets.
This young lady looked at me and said, "I hope I have kids like that some day."

I sit here tonight and think I did not say anything special or remarkable I just said, "I guess they just know the routine."

Well the hard work of training up your children to love the Lord, and Glorify Him in everything they do is starting to bear fruit.

Today was a great and glorious day!!!!

3 comments:

Tanya said...

I am so proud of you!! You took your time and asked God for help. You are blessed to have such beautiful maidens. Love ya.

Nana C said...

Keeping your eyes on Jesus, you have been blessed in the best way. God always loving you. Your girls love shines through to the world. You are a disciple! and the girls would say AMENNNNNNNN!!!!!

BittersweetPunkin said...

You know...I think Walmart pipes some kind of funky soundwaves from their speakers so kids will freak out and the parents will buy toys to get them to hush...LOL! It happens in EVERY Walmart!!
I am so glad everyone cooperated for you today...you must've been very proud when the cashier complimented them! I bet they are getting excited for Christmas....
Blessings,
Robin