Those who plant in tears will harvest SHOUTS OF JOY. They weep as they plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the HARVEST.



Psalm 126:5-6

Thursday, December 20, 2007

I was on another ladies blog this week and found this really fun post that she had done. She called it Holiday hoopla and she had to list 12 things about herself that are relative to Christmas. I thought this would be fun to do and I hope my blogging buddies will follow. (Allison, Heather Lori,and Tanya.)

1. My mother always read the Christmas story from the book of Luke before we opened up presents.

2. My favorite Christmas present was the book Anne of Green Gables the year before I joined the Navy.

3. One year my sister and I opened up all of our gifts and rewrapped them so our parents would not know.

4. My mom always made crab for me for Christmas dinner because I did not like ham. (What a spoiled brat.)

5. My Great Grandpa Clifford came to our house every year and helped us put up our Christmas tree.

6. We were a family that opened our gifts on Christmas Eve.

7. I always got a book of lifesavers and nuts in my stocking.

8. My sister cried like a baby when she got the 8-track of Billy Joel's Glass Houses.

9. My mom thought my best friend Leanne had stolen the movie Footloose from our house, but my mom had just forgotten where she had hidden it.

10. I started a new tradition in my home with my girls and that is: I give them a keepsake ornament every year that has to do with a new mile stone that they have accomplished.

11. I like to put my tree up right after Thanksgiving and take it down right down after the new year.

12. I try to keep my mind and heart focused on Jesus because he is the reason for the season.

God bless and have a Merry CHRISTmas.

5 comments:

Tanya said...

I laughed when you talk about 8 tracks. If I told this to my kids, they would think I was crazy. They have a hard time figureing out the records we still have.

Heather said...

Too fun! You definitely were a spoiled brat w/ your crab:)

Susan said...

Heather I love it. That is exactly what my mom said. Thanks for making me laugh .

~We are all led to the truth for which we are ready~ said...

A spoiled brat? You? YES!!!!!! But that is part of who you WERE, not who you ARE. As for the book, that was from ME, you could have mentioned that...duh! Oh, and I still cry like a baby over that 8 track tape...and I have worn out at least 2 CD's of Glass Houses! What mom and dad didn't know back then is funny to them now...like the gifts mom would find 2 or 3 years later that she completely forgot about! =)

Unknown said...

Very neat list. I am a new reader, but I can so clearly see your encouraging heart. I will be back.