Those who plant in tears will harvest SHOUTS OF JOY. They weep as they plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the HARVEST.



Psalm 126:5-6

Thursday, December 13, 2007

ICE (I really hate it)

The winter weather here is more than what I expected. We are going on our third winter here in Iowa and I absolutely love the snow. But there is one aspect of winter that I have never experienced and it is called ICE. I absolutely hate the ICE.
I am not a very talented writer so creating a word picture for how much I despise Ice would be very challenging. I am going to make it very simple instead.

ICE STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The other morning I got up to go to the store to buy ingredients for our baking day, and let me tell you that was a huge mistake. It was the day after we had a storm that created freezing rain, and snow. Well I am a California girl and I have never had to deal with ice before. I continued on like I always do and went out to the van to start it up so it would have a chance to warm up. When I went out there it looked really cool like someone had sprayed it with water and then froze it. It looked cool but that was about it. This process of warming up the car took 40 minutes. Can you believe 40 minutes to just get out of the drive way. Now to me that is just ridiculous. It made me think to myself what am I doing here in Podunk, Iowa.


I had to laugh as I finally drove out of my drive way. I was thinking to myself how my life has changed over the past three years. In Phoenix it took me 40 minutes to go to the local store because of all the traffic, now it takes me 40 minutes to go to the local store because of all the ice. I really am not sure which is worse.

I do know that this season to will pass and in a few months I will be complaining about the heat and how I would love to have cold weather. But no ICE!!!!!

No comments: