Those who plant in tears will harvest SHOUTS OF JOY. They weep as they plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the HARVEST.



Psalm 126:5-6

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Happy Birthday

Today was my oldest daughters 11th birthday. I can't believe she is 11. I spent today just watching her and enjoying the young lady she is growing up to be.
We were blessed to have my Father-in-law in town this weekend to celebrate with us. I spent many times thinking about the day I gave birth to this beautiful little girl. I had mixed emotions today, as all of you know about our recent loss.I seemed to daydream at times about what Baby Charlie would have added to our family.
Back to the birthday. It was AWESOME. The day started out with a big breakfast fixed by Grandpa, flowers from Dad, and lots of gifts. After all of that we all just hung out as a family and had fun laughing and playing a new Wheel of Fortune game(which mommy is addicted to.)
Dinner was the birthday girls pick: Reuben's, vegetables and dip, and chips.
Of course cake and ice cream and movies to end the day.
We had a wonderful day and can't wait till next year to do it all over again.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I LOVE YOU LEMILY

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT? NO OLIVES?

Susan said...

Of course she got olives from my mom and dad.

Anonymous said...

Oh good, I thought to myself, what is an 11th b-day for sweet 'lil Em without olives?!?!?!

allie said...

Just wanted to say liked the blog about Em's birthday and Merry Christmas